Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Creativity and New Media

The above picture is a Bitmoji that I created and use on Snapchat. It allows me to represent myself and also allows me to represent what I would like to be doing at a given moment, despite whether or not it is possible in that moment. For example, I sent this specific picture to a friend while in class in order to demonstrate my desire to be home watching a football game. It allows me to physically show what I would like to be doing at any given moment.


This second picture (above) is a picture I took during the last presidential debate. I used Snapchat in order to alter the picture. Here, Snapchat enabled me to alter Donald Trump's face and then share it with others. New media allows me to alter virtually anything in life in order to express my creativity and allows for the exchange of unique materials, such as the pictures I shared above. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Steven,
    I must say, that's a pretty cool bitmoji, what's your favorite football team? Also I love what you did with Trump's face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Unfortunately, my favorite football team is the Jets. I'm a sucker for terrible teams that leave me heartbroken year in and year out apparently [Jets, Knicks, Mets (although they've brought me some minimal happiness as of late), etc.].

      Delete