Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Advice to Baruch College

        If I lived in a hypothetical world where Baruch College just hired me in order to use new media to make improvements to the college, there are a few suggestions that I would make. The first way that I would use new media in order to improve the college is that I would set up both a blog and a Facebook page where individuals would be able to post their opinions about the college. These would also serve as forums for students to make suggestions themselves as to how the college could be improved. Next, I would set up a twitter account in order to advertise certain things going on around the school. I assume that students would be much more inclined to check their twitter accounts more frequently than their emails, so I would post things on the Baruch twitter account that would both inform and motivate students. For example, if a large company was partaking in a workshop at Baruch, I would post that to the account in order to inform students about an important event that they would be able to participate in. New media is a vital tool that could be use to educate and inform students on significant things going on around the school. It can also be used in order to voice their opinions. By serving as a platform for students to voice their opinions, new media would essentially be strengthening the relationship between the student body and the college itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment