Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Social Networking Sites

    The four networking sites that I have chosen to compare are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. Although I have a Facebook, I hardly use it. Out of all the social media sites, it feels as though Facebook has the least privacy. The reason why it feels like this is that it provides the most information about an individual. When you look at someone's profile, you can immediately tell-- if they have provided it-- what high school they went to, what college they went to, what their occupation is, what their favorite movies are, etc. Now, although this information is optional, Facebook does its best in hounding an individual to add said information. However, with a social media site such as Instagram, you don't feel the same pressure to detail every part of your life. However, what I will say about Facebook is that its messaging tool is extremely useful. It is a quick, easy, and convenient way to interact with groups of individuals. What I like about Instagram is that it's an extremely convenient way to keep updated with sports teams. As a huge football, basketball, and baseball fan, I enjoy how adamant teams are on posting details about surrounding news, injuries, and updates frequently. Although I am new to Twitter (I just signed up for the purpose of this course), I can tell that it's another convenient way to keep in touch with others. The fact that it disables individuals from writing lengthy messages is unique. Lastly, I feel as though Snapchat is an extremely fun and whimsical tool. It boasts about its privacy and enables individuals to share pictures with one another using filters, emojis, and other features to really create a unique, fun experience that only lasts momentarily.   

No comments:

Post a Comment