Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Research Topic

     

Tentative Title:      New Media: "New"sance or Necessity?
                                A Discussion of the Pros and Cons of New Media
For my project, I'm going to discuss various positive and negative aspects of new media. I plan on highlighting the benefits that new media, specifically Facebook and YouTube, had on the Egyptian Revolution in 2011. I will talk about how new media and social networking is vital for countries in political distress. I will also discuss how new media has made many aspects of everyday-life extremely convenient. Some negative effects of new media that I may discuss (not just limited to Facebook and YouTube) are privacy concerns, the disconnection from real-world experiences and encounters that new media has enabled, the dangers it poses to minors, how it is taking away from certain traditional art-forms (like the theater), and other ways it has negatively impacted the lives of individuals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment